Thursday, May 14, 2009

23a will make life easier... again.

$505/2500
101 days until LiveSTRONG Challenge


It's my day off from riding which means it's bike maintenance day. Correction: every day is bike maintenance day, it's just that I go spend money on bike parts on Thursdays. I found a new battery for my cyclocomputer at Radio Shack. The store manager seemed very excited to sell me a rather obscure item, noting that he "will order every battery [he] can find." Tech dorks get very, very excited about these things and I love it. I was certain that he'd pull out a catalog and tell me it would be at least two weeks before he could get one in, special-order from Taipei. Instead, he pulled it-a 12V 23A battery-right off the shelf, reaching for it as if by muscle memory. Impressive.


I also tuned my front derailleur and read up on adding drop bars and levers on my frame. That would actually be kind of a big project. Oh well. I have to find a way to get 53 miles in on Saturday, while also participating in my team's Relay for Life walk and working. Nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment