Monday, April 27, 2009

Opportunity knocks.

By the way: The LiveSTRONG Challenge is not the only charity ride I'll be participating in this summer. Katie Bateman's dad has a team riding for him in the MS150 which takes place in Holland, Michigan in mid-June. Assuming my schedule permits, I'm looking to add another century ride to my season on October 4th, with the Dempsey Challenge in Maine.

On May 16th I'll be joining my coworkers and anyone else who would like to join us as we participate in the Relay for Life, a cancer fundraiser. In August I'll participate in the AdvoKATE run in Rochester, Michigan.

There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in ways that will benefit incredibly important charities. Each of these five races present you with a chance to do something good for others while doing something great for yourself. None of the races are strictly competitive, each of the cycling challenges have courses as short as 5 miles and every single event features festivities beyond the athletic. I'll provide links for each. Think about racing, volunteering or donating.

LiveSTRONG Challenge Four days in four cities across America. (Cancer benefit)
National MS Society Plenty of races throughout the country. (MS Benefit)
The Dempsey Challenge Ride with Patrick Dempsey ("McDreamy" from Grey's Anatomy) October 4th, in Lewiston-Auburn, Maine. (Cancer Benefit)

If you're not up for a demanding race, try one of these:
Relay For Life Hundreds of opportunities to walk for the cure. Join my team on May 16th.(American Cancer Society)
AdvoKATE August 2009. Walk/run to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment